AnyBodyCan have Beautiful Hair
Long, thick, bouncy, beautifully voluminous hair tends to be a sign of vitality and youthfulness as it just makes us feel pretty and feminine. So as long as my hair looks healthy, shiny, and full of life, I don’t care what age I am, I will keep it longer in length. Taking precaution before the time passes is important; as we age, so do our hairs, losing elasticity, thinning, and dulling more as years passes by. With the biological changes taking place within our body as we grow; includes our blood flow, the loss of cellular reproduction, hormone changes, and diet can all impact the health of our hair. Even for all those who are blessed with a thick head of hair have to put some effort into maintaining them and making it look good. And as I age, I want to maintain the quality and longevity of my hair, so I’ve been doing a little research on not only keeping my locks lustrous, but also to offer a little help to all dear and near ones.
Scroll through to know secrets for thick, bouncy, shiny, beautiful hair forever like Repunzula (Princess Rapunzel is a fictional princess character created by Walt Disney pictures. She is the main character in the Disney Movie, Tangled).
Beauty is from within!
Its very important to stay aware about what you’re putting into your body. Biotin, Vitamin A, Vitamin E, Omega-3 and Folic Acid as well as a multitude of B and C vitamins really boost your hair’s ability to grow and stay strong. To mention few are Aloe vera, Amla juice, Flex seeds, Dates, Almonds. The right food, vitamins, water intake, and even exercise offer a great deal of benefits to us overall but even if only for vanity sake, if you take good care of your insides, it will show up in your hair, face, skin, and body. So worth it!
- A few dietary modifications are very important for stimulating the process of hair growth preventing hair loss. Abolition of junk and processed food, aerated drinks, smoking and drinking is very beneficial for your body and the scalp health. Include vitamin and mineral rich fruits and vegetables, whole grains, carbohydrates, omega 3 fatty acids and protein rich food in your diet. These are rich in phyto-nutrients which are beneficial for hair growth.
- Our hair is made of a special protein called the “keratin”. We should have a protein-rich diet. Include eggs, chicken, tofu, soybean; kidney beans and other similar foods to your diet. These are the richest source of proteins for hair. They promote the growth of new hair and make your hair shiny and smooth.
- Vitamin A is beneficial for hair growth. Again, too much of it can cause hair loss. Mango, papaya, orange, prunes, carrot are few fruits with high contents of vitamin A.
- The scalp capillary function is stimulated by the intake of vitamin E in your diet. Thus it increases the blood circulation and promotes hair growth. Cereals, sunflower oil, soybean oil, tofu etc contain good amount of vitamin E. You must try and include as much of these foods to your diet as you can.
- Have lots of dark green vegetables. These contain iron which is really essential for hair growth. Fish is a great source of omega 3 fatty acids and so are nuts.
Special Oil Treatments
- Oiling and massaging of scalp is very beneficial for stopping hair loss. Medicated oils like Coconut Oil, Neelibhringadi oil, Kunthala kanthi oil, Kanjunnyadi oil are very useful. Put oil on the scalp, and massage gently in the roots of the hair.
- Rosemary oil increases the cell division and expands the blood vessels, thus stimulating the blood circulation. Sage oil is excellent for treating hair loss.Lavender oil is widely used for curing “alopecia- thinning of hair and hair loss in patches”. Jojoba oil is known for its moisturising and hydrating properties. Flaxseeds contain essential fatty acids that make dry and brittle hair strong and shiny.Olive oil helps in preventing as well as curing hair loss. It stimulates the formation of new hair. Castor oil is one of the most beneficial oils that can make your hair grow faster, stronger and lustrous.
- Vitamin E oil is rich in antioxidants and thus it helps to fight away the free radicals. It helps in increasing oxygen in the body and so increases the blood circulation in the scalp.
- Use a mixture of Stinging nettle i.e. Jeera, Rosemary i.e. Sarpagandha, Birch i.e. Bhurja patra, and Horsetail to massage your scalp.
Sleep in long, loose, tucked in braids.
- Applying a decoction or tea made from Burdock and Marmelos (Bilva) for dry hair.
- A mixture of licorice made by grinding it in milk can be applied on the bald patches.
- Boil handful of crushed Margosa i.e. neem leaves in 4 cups of water. Cool and filter the liquid and use this decoction to rinse your hair.
- Hibiscus is truly said to be the “flower of hair care.” It thickens the hair, prevents pre-mature ageing, curing dandruff and enhancing hair growth. Make a paste of the hibiscus flower with coconut oil or sesame oil, apply and then rinse off.
- Applying juice of green coriander leaves on the hair and scalp is good. Either boil into oil or make a paste of it mix it with curd and apply on the scalp.
- Take 20 grams of radish and cut into small pieces. Now take 3 pinches of black pepper powder and rock salt powder and mix all these with radish pieces. Eat this mixture two times a day. You can also add some honey to it to give some taste.
- The seeds of fenugreek soaked in coconut oil and kept under direct sunlights for seven days and applied to the scalp, helps prevents hair loss. You can also wash hair with a paste of cooked green gram and fenugreek (methi).
Some best homemade hair masks!
- Apply a paste made from 2 tsp. henna powder, 1 tsp. curd, 1 tsp. fenugreek powder, 1 tbsp. coffee, 2 tbsp. mint juice and 2 tbsp tulasi juice. Apply this paste to the hair and leave it in for two hours. For a darker colour, leave this paste in for 3 to 4 hours and wash with cold water.
- Make a paste out of Bhringraja leaves and apply it on the scalp for some time before washing it off. For people who do not have easy access to this herb, you can grab a pack of dried Bhringraj, steep 5-6 tbsps in warm water and apply the paste for 20 minutes before washing off.
- Take some methi and roast them. After that, grind them well. Take some warm water and make a paste of methi in water. The amount of paste you need will depend on the length of your hair. Apply the paste on your hair. Cover your hair and scalp completely. Let it stay for 20 minutes, and then wash off with cold water.
- Black peppercorns have essential oils which keep your scalp well-hydrated. Blend 2 teaspoons of peppercorns with half a cup of curd, apply this paste on the roots, Cover your head with a warm towel for deep penetration. Rinse off after half an hour.
- For dry and flaky scalp, all you have to do is mix 2 tbsp fresh of lemon juice with 2 tbsp of olive oil and 2 tbsp water. Once this is done massage the mask into your scalp with damp hair. Let the mixture for 20 minutes and then wash your hair regularly. This can be applied to your hair every other week.
- For sun damaged hair, all you have to do is massage about a 1/2 cup honey, add 1 to 2 Tbsp olive oil or with 1 to 2 tbsp of a protein-rich ingredient, like avocado or egg yolk into clean, damp hair and let it sit for 20 minutes before rinsing with warm water. This will help replenish the protein bonds that UV rays attack. This treatment can be applied once a month.
- Garlic boosts the regeneration of new hair and promotes the scalp circulation. Boil a few cloves of crushed garlic in olive oil or coconut oil, apply it to the roots of your hair follicles, wash off properly, repeat it for best results.
- Green tea is rich in antioxidants. These antioxidants prevent hair loss and boost hair growth. Apply warm green tea all over your scalp,leave it for an hour and rinse off with cool water.
- Amla promotes healthy hair growth and also improves the pigmentation of the hair. Mix 2 teaspoons of amla powder or juice with 2 teaspoons of lime juice, apply this on your scalp properly and let it dry and rinse it well with warm water.
- Bananas and almonds: Mash up one banana and add about 3 drops of almond oil, Mix well and massage into your hair. Let it sit for about 25 minutes, rinse and wash your hair.
- Onion juice is rich in sulphur that boosts collagen production in the tissues and helps in re-growth of hair. Use red onions or shallots, squeeze out its juice and apply it on your scalp carefully and keep for 15 minutes. Finally rinse off with a mild shampoo.
- Mayo and Avocado: Take a full jar of full fat mayonnaise and one half of one very mashed up avocado. Mix well and apply to your hair, especially roots and rinse your hair in COLD water after 20 min. You’ll see the difference!
- Strawberries, they’re not just for eating anymore! Take a cup of mushy strawberries and 2 tablespoons of olive oil and mix them well. Work into your hair and leave it on for 20 minutes. Rinse and wash with a mild shampoo!
- Apple cider vinegar gently cleanses the scalp and maintains the PH balance of the hair accelerating hair growth. Wash your hair. Use apple cider vinegar as a final rinse after washing your hair to get healthy and shiny hair, take 15 ml of apple cider vinegar and add it to a cup of warm filtered water as the final rinse.
Say No to High Chemical Products
Many of the hair styling products contain harmful chemicals, and superficial agents, which can be highly dangerous at times. You may look attractive for a few days by applying a hair styling product, but you never know how it affects the condition of your hair and scalp in the long term. Therefore, you should try to minimize the application of harmful styling products like hair colors, serums, and straighteners.
Regular Combing and Trimming
Never brush your hair when they are wet! Wait until your hair is almost dry if you need to brush through it, and always begin at the ends and work your way up! Opt for a large toothed comb to protect your hair from breaking.
“Trim” your hair once in a while of about 1/2/3 inch, which keeps them looking alive and healthy.
Comb your hair thrice a day and trim it in every three months. Regular combing and trimming is extremely important for expediting the growth of new hair. Combing is essential as it provides good blood circulation, and stimulates hair follicles, helping them produce new hair naturally.
Regularly combing and trimming your hair enhances blood circulation of the scalp, thereby improving hair growth.
Try these effective home remedies for better hair growth. Tell us about your secret home remedies too.
Do leave your comment and tell us what you think!